Friday, June 18, 2010

My World Cup Hemorrhoid…


Now before everyone heads off on their “You are so unpatriotic” tangent, followed by the “what this country has been through to get here today” rant, I would like to tell you to shut the f&%$ up!!


So, we are in Africa… Right at the bottom of it as a reminder. We won a bid to host a World Cup Event for Soccer… and NOW everyone seems greatly interested in how our country compares to some eastern European shitholes with unpronounceable names. Every person with a car bitched and moaned about roadworks, delays in upgrades, Gautrain construction and taking two hours to travel 10km’s to work. You said that we would never have the chance of winning or even getting into a semi final. You complained about the air ticket price hikes, the influx of people that would render it useless to travel anywhere for almost two months unless you won the lottery and finally you spent an hour on the phone to your girlfriend because you didn’t know WHAT you were actually going to do with your children while they were on a month’s holiday… god forbid actually speak to them!


And now? NOW you sit there, covered in face paint and an ill fitting R600 National Team jersey blowing at the end of a plastic vuvuzela like a deranged idiot and you have the audacity to tell me that I have no sense of Morale or Camaraderie...


The point is… I AM NOT INTERESTED IN SOCCER! Therefore I see no need to dress like a fool and support that team that you destined for failure two years ago. I live in South Africa, I am as happy as anyone else to be here. I have no hopes of packing my bags and “fleeing” to Perth like a million other people did post ’94 election results. So LEAVE ME ALONE!

That is all.

1 comment:

  1. gosh ... angry perhaps? call my shrink @ 0860-I-GIVE-A-FUCK

    ReplyDelete