Thursday, March 10, 2011

Recovery...


What a wurlwind three months it has been!

I had a car accident and was thankfully found by a policewoman. I was on my way to dinner with a friend. Than kfully she found me. I was unconscious with a right arm broken in two places, a dislocated neck and a brain that was torn off the lining on the left hand side of the inside of my scull. I spent three weeks in a coma in hospital and got pneumonia that they struggled to cure. My family watched me wither away into nothing as I lost 20kg’s. I then spend two weeks after waking up in traction due to the dislocation.
I was fed by John just about every day bar for the time he had to go spend with family. And finally made it out of hell after 5 weeks agonizing surgery and a cast on my arm. As I am writing this I still haven’t regained movement completely in my right arm…it’s a work in progress. I am thankful every day for being loved and being appreciated and hope I never take anyone in my life for granted again.
I am still quite upset about a few things and am working my way around how I feel about them and how my mind is working sans accident. It teaches you to slow down and appreciate things more…
I am close to tears about still being alive…. Being able to be given a second chance and letting go of some issues of the past…
I don’t know if I am more or less erratic than I was before but I find it more difficult to hide emotion and it has proven to get me into some trouble so far.
Let’s hope this year is filled with love, life and a good future as I learn more on my path to becoming more man…

2 comments:

  1. This is a horrific story, sorry to hear this happened to you. I found your blog at the end of last year & saw no entries for a long time. Now we know why. Did you friend come out of the accident ok?

    Recovery is going to be slow, so be patient. Sounds like you have a good support group around you to help.

    Hope you don't mind if I follow your blog.

    Get well & don't be impatient, you have a long recovery road ahead of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. just me in the car thankfully...

    ReplyDelete